Pursuant to section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Minister for the Environment gives the following notice.
1. Title and commencement
(1) This notice is The Resource Management (Approval of Queenstown Airport Corporation Limited as a Requiring Authority) Notice 2019.
(2) This notice shall come into force on the 28th day after its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Application of notice
This notice shall apply in addition to, and not in substitution for, The Resource Management (Approval of Queenstown Airport Corporation Limited as Requiring Authority) Order 1992 and The Resource Management (Approval of Queenstown Airport Corporation Limited as Requiring Authority) Notice 1994 (as published in the New Zealand Gazette, 1 September 1994, page 2690).
In this notice, unless the context otherwise requires, “airport” has the same meaning given to that term by section 2 of the Airport Authorities Act 1966.
4. Approval as requiring authority
Queenstown Airport Corporation Limited is hereby approved as a requiring authority, under section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, in respect of the following network utility operation:
- The operation, maintenance, expansion and development of the airport known as Wanaka Airport for all the land that is bound by:
- State Highway 6;
- State Highway 8A;
- The true right bank of the Clutha River; and
- The eastern boundary of the property legally described as:
- Section 1 Lower Wanaka Survey District, OT14C/457;
- Section 67 Lower Wanaka Survey District, OT14C/457.
Dated at Wellington this 5th day of August 2019.
Hon DAVID PARKER, Minister for the Environment.