Notice of Election by Public Trust to Become Manager Under Part VII of the Public Trust Act 2001 (“Act”)
- Richard Westall Capstick (“Owner”) is the registered owner of the Property mentioned in the Schedule hereto.
- Public Trust has been informed and believes after due enquiry that the Owner is no longer resident in New Zealand and it is not known where the owner of the property is or whether or not the owner of the property is alive or dead.
- After due enquiry Public Trust does not know whether the owner of the Property has any agent or administrator in New Zealand with authority to take possession of and administer the Property; or where the agent or administrator is; or whether the agent or administrator is alive or dead.
- The gross value of the Property (as estimated by Public Trust) does not exceed $40,000.
- Public Trust is satisfied that it is advisable in the interests of another person that Public Trust elects to be the manager of the Property under Part VII of the Act.
- Public Trust has advertised its intention to elect to be the manager of the Property in the 6th of February 2019 edition of the Otago Daily Times, which is a newspaper circulating in the locality where the Property is situated and believed by Public Trust to be an appropriate advertising medium.
Now therefore Public Trust in exercise of the authority conferred on it by section 101(1) of the Act, hereby elects to be Manager of the Property under Part VII of the Act.
Part Allotment 20 Block II Deeds Plan 5 and Part Allotment 34 Block II Deeds Plan 87 (“property”) and being the land contained in Certificate of Title OT245/278, Otago Land Registry. The piece of land is located at Union Street, Milton.
Dated at Lower Hutt this 14th day of February 2019.
Signed on Behalf of Public Trust by an Authorised Signatory:
HAYLEY JADE FURNEAUX, Senior Trust Officer, Public Trust Lower Hutt.