Pursuant to clause 18 of Schedule 1 of the Education Act 1989 (“Act”), the Minister of Education gives the following notice.
- This notice may be cited as the Constitution of the Universal College of Learning (UCOL) Council Notice 2019.
- This notice comes into force on 24 October 2019.
- From 24 October 2019, the Council of the UCOL comprises eight members.
- The UCOL Council shall be constituted as follows:
- Four members are appointed by the Minister of Education and
- Four members are appointed by the Council, of whom:
- at least one member appointed by the Council will be a permanent member of the general or teaching staff who has been elected by the permanent general and teaching staff to represent them; and
- at least one member will be an enrolled student who has been elected by the student body to represent them.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the Education Act 1989 and the agreed UCOL Appointment of Council Members’ Statute in force at the time.
Dated at Wellington this 24th day of September 2019.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister of Education.