Pursuant to clause 18 of Schedule 1 of the Education Act 1989 (“Act”), the Minister of Education gives the following notice.
- This notice may be cited as the Constitution of the Open Polytechnic of New Zealand Council Notice 2019.
- This notice comes into force on 24 October 2019.
- From 24 October 2019, the Council of the Open Polytechnic of New Zealand comprises 10 members.
- The Open Polytechnic of New Zealand Council shall be constituted as follows:
- Four members are appointed by the Minister of Education; and
- Six members are appointed by the Council, of whom–
- one member appointed by the Council will be a permanent member of the general or teaching staff who has been elected by the permanent general and teaching staff to represent them; and
- one member will be an enrolled student of the Polytechnic appointed following an election by the enrolled students of the Polytechnic.
- Appointments will be made in accordance with the Education Act 1989 and the Governance Statute of the Open Polytechnic of New Zealand.
Dated at Wellington this 24th day of September 2019.
Hon CHRIS HIPKINS, Minister of Education.