In accordance with section 30R(5)(b) of the Telecommunications Act 2001 (“Act”), the Commerce Commission gives public notice of its decision to commence reviews of the following standard terms determinations (STDs):
- Chorus’ Unbundled Copper Low Frequency Service (UCLF);
- Chorus’ Unbundled Copper Local Loop and Unbundled Copper Low Frequency Network Backhaul (Telephone exchange to interconnect point) Service (UCLL and UCLF Backhaul);
- Chorus’ Unbundled Copper Local Loop and Unbundled Copper Low Frequency Network Co-Location Service (UCLL and UCLF Co-Location);
- Chorus’ Unbundled Bitstream Access Service (UBA); and
- Chorus’ Unbundled Bitstream Access Backhaul Service (UBA Backhaul).
Under section 30R(1) of the Act, the Commission may, on its own initiative, commence a review, at any time, of all or any of the terms specified in a STD.
The Commission has prepared and published drafts of the proposed amendments to the STDs.
Material relevant to these reviews can be found on the Commission’s website at: https://comcom.govt.nz/regulated-industries/telecommunications/regulated-services/copper-services/section-30r-reviews-of-the-copper-standard-terms-determinations.
The Commission invites submissions on these drafts under section 30R(5)(c) of the Act by 23 October 2019 at 5.00pm.
Date of Notice: 3 October 2019.