- Under section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Wind Offer Arrangements) 2019 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force at 12.00pm on 19 September 2019.
- The amendment makes changes to Parts 1 and 13 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”):
- to enable wind generators to withdraw generation in an efficient, centrally coordinated way when the spot market price is below their short run marginal cost; and
- to prevent wind generators withdrawing large amounts of generation in ways that are not well coordinated.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website http://www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code/.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, Harbour Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 29th day of July 2019.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chair, Electricity Authority.