Pursuant to Regulation 22 of the Health and Safety in Employment (Pressure Equipment, Cranes, and Passenger Ropeways) Regulations 1999, I, Simon Humphries, in exercise of those powers delegated to me, hereby give notice of recognition of the documents listed below submitted by Contact Energy Ltd;
- Application for Recognition to Enable the Use of Extended Intervals of Inspection for Pressure Equipment, dated 15 August 2018, and
- Telarc ISO9001:2015 Certificate and Schedule, and
- Letter of support by Stork Technical Services NZ Ltd, and
- Contact Energy Pressure Equipment inspection standard, and
- Contact Energy Pressure Equipment hydro test procedure, and
- Contact Energy Pressure Equipment schedule.
The Contact Energy Ltd submission indicates that this equipment would be managed in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Health and Safety in Employment (Pressure Equipment, Cranes and Passenger Ropeways) Regulations 1999 (PECPR). Accordingly, I advise that recognition of the Contact Energy Ltd inspection programme, as set out in the above documentation, is granted under Regulation 22 of the PECPR Regulations.
- It applies only to pressure equipment tabled in documentation supplied above.
- Inspection periods shall not exceed the maximum permitted by AS/NZS 3788.
- The nominated Recognised Inspection Body shall determine the frequency and timing of the attendance of its equipment inspectors for the purpose of reviewing, approving and auditing the implementation of the ITP and for the inspection and certification of equipment.
- Contact Energy Ltd shall advise its nominated Recognised Inspection Body of any changes to its equipment or process that may affect equipment life or the frequency or type of inspection applied. It shall, in conjunction with the nominated Inspection Body, review actual or proposed changes to its equipment or process in order to establish any potential impact on safety and equipment inspection.
- Contact Energy Ltd shall advise its nominated Recognised Inspection Body of any changes to, or affecting, Contact Energy Ltd engineering personnel.
- Contact Energy Ltd shall review its quality management system and update it to accommodate any changes necessary following the granting of this recognition.
This recognition may be withdrawn should the services of Stork Technical Services NZ (its current nominated Recognised Inspection Body) be discontinued or if there is any significant change to the equipment or process.
Dated at Wellington this 22nd day of November 2018.
SIMON HUMPHRIES, Head of Specialist Investigations.