Pursuant to Regulation 22 of the Health and Safety in Employment (Pressure Equipment, Cranes, and Passenger Ropeways) Regulations 1999, I, Catherine Epps, in exercise of those powers delegated to me by WorkSafe New Zealand, hereby give notice of recognition of the documents listed below submitted by Beach Energy Limited;
- Letter “Approval to extend Kupe LPG bullet internal inspection interval”, dated December 2018, and
- Letter of support by SGS NZ Limited, and
- KPS Bullet Integrity Plan 2018-2021 v3, and
- Supporting evidence of previous inspections of LPG bullets
The submission indicates that this equipment would be managed in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Health and Safety in Employment (Pressure Equipment, Cranes and Passenger Ropeways) Regulations 1999 (PECPR). Accordingly, I advise that recognition of the inspection programme, as set out in the above detailed documentation, is granted under Regulation 22 of the PECPR Regulations.
- This Recognition expires on 31 December 2020, unless revoked prior.
- It applies only to pressure equipment tabled in the documentation detailed above.
- Its nominated Recognised Inspection Body shall determine the frequency and timing of the attendance of its equipment inspectors at for the purpose of reviewing, approving and auditing the implementation of the ITP and for the inspection and certification of equipment.
- It shall advise its nominated Recognised Inspection Body of any changes to its equipment or process that may affect equipment life or the frequency or type of inspection applied. It shall, in conjunction with Inspection Body, review actual or proposed changes to its equipment or process in order to establish any potential impact on safety and equipment inspection.
- It shall advise its nominated Recognised Inspection Body of any changes to, or affecting, its own engineering personnel.
- It shall review its quality management system and update it to accommodate any changes necessary following the granting of this recognition
This recognition may be withdrawn should the services of SGS (its current nominated Recognised Inspection Body) be discontinued or, if there is any significant change to the equipment or process.
Dated at Wellington this 12th day of May 2019.
CATHERINE EPPS, Head of Health and Technical Services.