Under section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority gives the following notice.
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 275 (Contact Energy Limited)) Exemption Notice 2019.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Exemption—(1) Contact Energy Limited (“Contact”) is exempted from complying with the obligation in clause 10.24(c) of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) not to use subtraction to determine submission information.
(2) This exemption applies only to installation control point (“ICP”) 0008803342WEFC3.
3. Term—This exemption expires on the earlier of:
- the close of 31 December 2020;
- the date when Contact is no longer recorded in the registry as being the trader for ICP 0008803342WEFC3;
- the date when Advanced Metering Services Limited (“AMS”) is no longer recorded in the registry as being the metering equipment provider for ICP 0008803342WEFC3; and
- replacement of the existing 11kV line that feeds ICP 0008803342WEFC3 with a corresponding low voltage (LV) line.
4. Reasons for granting the exemption—The reasons for granting this exemption are:
- an exemption is only required until the customer completes the next stage of its site development, which includes replacing the existing 11kV network with low voltage lines, allowing all sites to be metered;
- the ICP did previously have compliant metering, however the actions of the distributor reconfiguring part of its 11kV network has meant the AMS metering installation at ICP 0008803342WEFC3 is now supplying two other ICPs;
- deriving the submission information from the metering installations by subtraction is as accurate as it would be if it was derived using directly metered data;
- the exemption will have no impact on any other participant or service provider, and will not affect any other Code provision; and
- granting the requested exemption meets the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act.
Dated at Wellington this 8th day of May 2019.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
SUSAN PATERSON, onzm, Member, Electricity Authority.