Under section 11 of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority gives the following notice.
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice is the Electricity Industry (Exemption No. 277 (Winstone Pulp International Limited)) Exemption Notice 2019.
(2) This notice comes into force on the day after the date it is notified in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Exemption—(1) Winstone Pulp International Limited (“WPI”) is exempted from complying with the obligations in clauses 11.10, 15.37A and 15.38(1) of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010.
(2) This exemption applies only in respect of the grid exit point (“GXP”) at Tangiwai (TNG0111 WNST GN).
3. Term—This exemption expires on 7 May 2029.
4. Reasons for granting the exemption—The reasons for granting this exemption are it will:
- enable continued back-up electricity supply to consumers on The Lines Company network at OKN0111 LINE GN, in the event of a transformer outage at Ohakune;
- allow WPI’s network to be settled by differencing, separating WPI clearing manager purchases from the clearing manager purchases of other traders on The Lines Company’s Ohakune GXP;
- reduce WPI’s compliance costs without any negative impact;
- not negatively impact other consumers, participants, or service providers; and
- meet the requirements in section 11(2) of the Act.
Dated at Wellington this 8th day of May 2019.
For and on behalf of the Electricity Authority:
SUSAN PATERSON, onzm, Member, Electricity Authority.