Pursuant to section 161(3) of the Land Transport Act 1998, notification is hereby given of the making of 15 Rules that amend Land Transport Rules. The amendment Rules, which were consulted on as Land Transport Rule: Regulatory Stewardship (Omnibus) Amendment 2018, are:
- Land Transport (Driver Licensing) Amendment Rule 2019
- Land Transport (Road User) Amendment Rule 2019
- Land Transport Rule: Heavy Vehicles Amendment 2019 (Rule 31002/2004/10)
- Land Transport Rule: Heavy-vehicle Brakes Amendment 2019 (Rule 32015/2006/5)
- Land Transport Rule: Light-vehicle Brakes Amendment 2019 (Rule 32014/2002/6)
- Land Transport Rule: Operator Licensing Amendment 2019 (Rule 81001/2017/1)
- Land Transport Rule: Passenger Service Vehicles Amendment 2019 (Rule 31001/1999/9)
- Land Transport Rule: Setting of Speed Limits Amendment 2019 (Rule 54001/2017/1)
- Land Transport Rule: Traffic Control Devices Amendment 2019 (Rule 54002/2004/11)
- Land Transport Rule: Tyres and Wheels Amendment 2019 (Rule 32013/2001/9)
- Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Dimensions and Mass Amendment 2019 (Rule 41001/2016/1)
- Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Equipment Amendment 2019 (Rule 32017/2004/8)
- Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Lighting Amendment 2019 (Rule 32005/2004/12)
- Land Transport Rule: Vehicle Standards Compliance Amendment 2019 (Rule 35001/2002/14)
The amendment Rules, which make minor changes, come into force on 1 June 2019.
They are available for inspection free of charge at the office of the NZ Transport Agency, 50 Victoria Street, Wellington. Bound copies of Rules can be purchased from Blue Star by calling 0800 504 704 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Land Transport Rules are available on the Agency’s website at www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/rules/.
For further information about Land Transport Rules, contact the Regulatory and Transport Policy Team, NZ Transport Agency, Private Bag 6995, Wellington 6141, or email email@example.com.
Dated at Wellington this 12th day of April 2019.
ANNA MOODIE, Chief Legal Counsel, NZ Transport Agency.