- Under section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Terms and Conditions for Access to Registry and WITS) 2019 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 18 April 2019.
- The amendment makes changes to clause 11.28 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) to regulate access to the registry by requiring compliance with the terms and conditions specified and published by the Authority. The amendment also inserts new clause 13.3D into the Code, which sets out the requirements for accessing the wholesale information and trading system by requiring compliance with the terms and conditions specified and published by the Authority.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code are available on the Authority’s website at www.ea.govt.nz/act-code-regs/code-regs/.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, Harbour Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 18th day of March 2019.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chair, Electricity Authority.