Proposal to Exercise the Power Under Section 71 of the Greater Christchurch Regeneration Act 2016 to Amend the Christchurch District Plan (“Proposal”)
The Proposal applies to parts of the High Flood Hazard Management Area in the Christchurch District Plan where the risk of flooding is predominantly from sea level rise. This includes:
- All areas within the Residential Unit Overlay, which is a subset of the High Flood Hazard Management Area. This area includes parts of New Brighton, South New Brighton, Southshore and Redcliffs.
- A small number of additional areas within the broader High Flood Hazard Management Area where the risk of flooding is also predominantly from sea level rise.
Pursuant to section 68 of the Greater Christchurch Regeneration Act 2016 (“GCR Act”), the Minister for Greater Christchurch Regeneration invites written comments on the Proposal to exercise her powers under section 71 of the GCR Act to amend the Christchurch District Plan to:
- amend Natural Hazards Policy 220.127.116.11.1(b) to provide policy support for the Residential Unit Overlay;
- insert permitted activity rule 18.104.22.168 P2 which permits replacement of existing houses, in Chapter 5 Natural Hazards; and
- make consequential minor amendments to rule numbering and cross-references.
The Proposal may be inspected on the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s website at www.dpmc.govt.nz/residential-unit-overlay and copies are available for inspection at Christchurch City Council service centres and libraries, and the main office of Selwyn and Waimakariri District Councils from 12 November 2018, during normal business hours.
Written comments on the Proposal must be made to the Greater Christchurch Group of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet by no later than 5.00pm on Monday 26 November 2018.
Written comments may be made online at: www.dpmc.govt.nz/residential-unit-overlay.
or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to:
Section 71 Proposal: Residential Unit Overlay, Freepost GCG, Greater Christchurch Group, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, Private Bag 4999, Christchurch 8140.
Dated this 7th day of November 2018.
Hon Dr MEGAN WOODS, Minister for Greater Christchurch Regeneration.