Proposal to Exercise the Power Under Section 71 of the Greater Christchurch Regeneration Act 2016 to Designate Redcliffs Park for Education Purposes and for the Existing Redcliffs School Site to be Rezoned as Open Space (“Proposal”)
Pursuant to section 68 of the Greater Christchurch Regeneration Act 2016 (“GCR Act”), the Minister for Greater Christchurch Regeneration invites written comment on the Proposal to enable the relocation of Redcliffs School to the site of the current Redcliffs Park, and the establishment of a park on the site of the current Redcliffs School by using section 71 of the GCR Act to make the necessary amendments to the Christchurch District Plan to:
- designate land at the Redcliffs Park site for educational purposes; and
- change the zone of the following parcels of land at the Redcliffs Park site from the Open Space Community Parks Zone to the Specific Purpose (School) Zone with an alternative zoning of Open Space Community Parks:
- Lot 2 DP 47479 CB27F/183;
- Lot 2 DP 47479 CB27F/184;
- Reserve 4604 CB616/39; and
- remove the current designation L82 from the existing Redcliffs School site; and
- change the zone of the following parcels of land at the existing Redcliffs School site to Open Space Community Parks Zone:
- Section 1 Survey Office Plan 334406 CFR156004;
- Part Lot 3 DP 1228 CB190/67;
- Lot 1 DP 7624 CB372/72;
- Part Lot 2 DP 1228 CB495/17;
- Part Lot 3 DP 1228 (New Zealand Gazette, 30 October 1924, No. 70, page 2596); and
- change the zone of the following parcels of land at the existing Redcliffs School site to Open Space Natural Zone:
- Part Lot 8 DP 11088; and
- Part Lot 2 DP 1228.
The Proposal may be inspected on the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s website at www.dpmc.govt.nz/redcliffs-school-relocation-feedback and copies are available for inspection at Christchurch City Council service centres and libraries, and the main office of Selwyn and Waimakariri District Councils from Monday 12 March 2018, during normal business hours.
Written comments on the Proposal must be made to the Greater Christchurch Group of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet by no later than 5.00pm on Tuesday 3 April 2018.
Written comments may be made online at www.dpmc.govt.nz/redcliffs-school-relocation-feedback, emailed to email@example.com or posted to:
Section 71 Proposal: Redcliffs School and Redcliffs Park, Freepost GCG, Greater Christchurch Group, Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, Private Bag 4999, Christchurch 8140.
Dated this 9th day of March 2018.
Hon MEGAN WOODS, Minister for Greater Christchurch Regeneration.