Pursuant to section 41(1)(a) of the Heretaunga Tamatea Claims Settlement Act 2018 (“Act”), the Minister of Conservation hereby notifies that the area described in the Schedule hereto has been declared to be subject to an overlay classification by section 36 of the Act.
The provisions of the Act which relate to the overlay area are sections 36-49.
Pursuant to section 41(1)(b) of the Act, the Minister hereby notifies that the following protection principles are directed at the Minister of Conservation; avoiding harm to, or the diminishing of, Heretaunga Tamatea values related to A’Deanes Bush Scenic Reserve:
- protection of indigenous flora and fauna, natural resources and the wider environment within A’Deanes Bush Scenic Reserve;
- recognition of the mana and kaitiakitanga of Heretaunga Tamatea within A’Deanes Bush Scenic Reserve;
- respect for Heretaunga Tamatea tikanga and kawa within A’Deanes Bush Scenic Reserve;
- respect for the interests and relationships that Heretaunga Tamatea have with A’Deanes Bush Scenic Reserve;
- encouragement of the respect for the association of Heretaunga Tamatea with A’Deanes Bush Scenic Reserve;
- accurate portrayal of the association, interests and relationships of A’Deanes Bush Scenic Reserve;
- recognition of the relationship of Heretaunga Tamatea with the wāhi tapu and wāhi whakahirahira;
- recognition of Heretaunga Tamatea mahinga kai and the provision of cultural resources;
- recognition of Heretaunga Tamatea relationship with, and the importance to Heretaunga Tamatea of, the ecosystems and life forms within A’Deanes Bush Scenic Reserve; and
- recognition of and respect for ngā tikanga o Heretaunga Tamatea and its relevance to the protection of A’Deanes Bush Scenic Reserve.
Hawke’s Bay Land District—Central Hawke’s Bay District
|38.1387||Part Lot 3 DP 2462 and Sections 2 and 7 SO 7733; as shown on Deed Plan OTS-205-10.|
Dated at Wellington this 22nd day of July 2018.
Hon EUGENIE SAGE, Minister of Conservation.