Notice is hereby given that the Hutt City Council proposes to take, under the Public Works Act 1981, the land described in the Schedule of this notice (“land”).
The land is required for construction of the Promenade Project (“project”). More particularly, the land is required for urban renewal, redevelopment and regeneration.
The project is required to:
- rejuvenate and revitalise Lower Hutt’s Central Business District (CBD),
- connect the CBD to the Hutt River (“river”) by using a promenade structure with associated development to turn the CBD to face the river;
- improve walking and cycling connections along and across the river, including connecting the CBD to a new Melling Railway Station via a footbridge;
- develop a new buoyant and sustainable residential lifestyle in the CBD through the provision of good quality apartments;
- provide for high-quality, safe, open public spaces along the promenade and pedestrian and cycling connections from the promenade;
- provide housing stock to achieve the Hutt City Council’s urban growth targets; and
- integrate with, and enable delivery of the Hutt City Council’s long term strategy for the CBD and Wellington Regional Council’s RiverLink Project.
The owner of the land and those persons with a registered interest in it have been served with notice of the Hutt City Council’s intention to take the land and advised of their right to object.
Any other person having the right to object may send a written objection to the Registrar, Environment Court, 5th Floor, District Court Building, 49 Ballance Street, Wellington 6011, or by post to DX: SX11154, Wellington, within 20 working days after the date of publication of this notice.
If any objection is made in accordance with this notice a public hearing will be held with the right of the objector to appear and be heard personally unless the objector otherwise requires and each objector will be informed of the time and place of the hearing.
Any person requiring further information in respect of this advice should contact Craig Walton, Urban Plus Limited, Level 1, Russell Keown House, corner of Laings Road and Queens Drive, Hutt City. Postal Address: Private Bag 31912, Lower Hutt. Telephone: 027 241 1189.
Wellington Land District—Hutt City
|673||Lot 1 Deposited Plan 342843 (Computer Freehold Register 175883).|
|793||Lot 2 Deposited Plan 342843 (Computer Freehold Register 175884).|
The land is located at 10 and 12 Daly Street, Lower Hutt, Wellington.
Dated this 31st day of May 2018.
TONY STALLINGER, Chief Executive, Hutt City Council.