Pursuant to section 12 of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003, the Physiotherapy Board amends the qualifications prescribed for registration as a physiotherapist in the Scope of Practice – Physiotherapist.
- Commencement – This notice takes effect from 1 January 2019.
- Amendment – This notice amends the notice published in the New Zealand Gazette, 15 September 2004, No. 120, page 2972, as amended by the notice published in the New Zealand Gazette, 1 November 2012, No. 131, page 3783, by appending the following prescribed qualifications for registration in the Scope of Practice – Physiotherapist to the list of prescribed qualifications set out under the heading
“Qualifications Prescribed for Registration in a Scope of Practice
1. Physiotherapist Scope of Practice”:
– Bachelor of Physiotherapy, Waikato Institute of Technology; or
– Bachelor of Physiotherapy with Honours, Waikato Institute of Technology.
Dated at Wellington this 25th day of October 2018.
ROSS JOHNSTON, Registrar, Physiotherapy Board.