Under clauses 18.2 and 18.6 of the Special Needs Grants Programme, as published in the New Zealand Gazette, 28 January 1999, No. 8, page 202, and as established and approved on 18 December 1998 under section 124(1)(d) of the Social Security Act 1964 (“programme”), I give my approval for Part 6 of the programme to apply as follows:
Rural Assistance – Farmers
- Farmers in the affected areas whose primary industries are directly affected by drought are eligible to be considered for financial assistance under Part 6 of the programme.
- In relation to such farmers, Part 6 of the programme applies for the period beginning on 5 February 2018 and ending with the close of 21 January 2019, unless further extended by the Minister.
- In this approval, affected areas means the territories of the following local authorities:
- Southland District Council
- Invercargill City Council
- Gore District Council
- Clutha District Council
- Central Otago District Council
- Queenstown Lakes District Council.
Dated at Wellington this 1st day of February 2018.
Hon CARMEL SEPULONI, Minister for Social Development.