Under section 78M(6) of the Education Act 1989, acting under delegated authority, I hereby amend the notice (as published in the New Zealand Gazette,12 October 2017, Issue No. 104, Notice No. 2017-go5310), directing the appointment of two limited statutory managers for the Waimarama School (2718) Board of Trustees, by vesting the following functions, powers and duties of the board in one limited statutory manager.
- The following functions, powers and duties are now vested in one limited statutory manager:
- All functions, powers and duties of the board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- all functions, powers and duties of the board for financial management (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The limited statutory manager must also advise the board on the following matters:
- Board policies and procedures;
- board communications (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- effective governance and stewardship.
- No other functions, powers or duties are vested in the limited statutory manager.
- The board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers and duties of this limited statutory manager.
This notice takes effect on the date of publication.
Dated at Wellington this 18th day of October 2018.
KATRINA CASEY, Deputy Secretary, Sector Enablement and Support, Ministry of Education.