Pursuant to section 78M of the Education Act 1989, acting under delegated authority, I direct the Secretary for Education to appoint a limited statutory manager for the Tamatea School (2686) board of trustees (“board”).
- The following functions, powers and duties of the board are to be vested in a limited statutory manager:
- All functions, powers and duties of the board as an employer (whether statutory or otherwise); and
- all functions, powers and duties of the board to manage financial operations (whether statutory or otherwise).
- The limited statutory manager must also advise the board on the following matters:
- Board policies and procedures.
- The board will retain its primary duty of care as a person conducting a business or undertaking, under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, above and beyond all functions, powers and duties of the limited statutory manager.
This notice takes effect on the day of publication.
Dated at Wellington this 19th day of October 2018.
SUSAN HOWAN, Acting Deputy Secretary of Education, Sector Enablement and Support, Ministry of Education.