Christine Stevenson, Acting Comptroller, New Zealand Customs Service, gives notice under section 51 of the Legislation Act 2012 (“Act”) that, under section 49 of the Act, the following material is proposed for incorporation by reference in the Customs and Excise Regulations 1996 (“Regulations”):
Pacific Agreement on Closer Economic Relations Plus (PACER Plus), Chapter 3:
- Section A, Articles 1–14 (Rules of Origin).
- Section B, Articles 15–25 (Origin Procedures).
- Annex 3-A (Declaration of Origin).
- Annex 3-B (Product Specific Rules).
Chapter 3 sets out the rules of origin for the PACER Plus Free Trade Agreement which the New Zealand Government has signed. If the agreement enters into force for New Zealand, traders from PACER Plus member countries will be required to meet the rules of origin specified in the agreement if they are seeking to utilise a preferential tariff rate.
The following address, New Zealand Customs Service, Trade Policy, 1 Hinemoa Street, Wellington 6011, is:
- where comments on this proposal to incorporate by reference are to be sent; and
- where the material to be incorporated can be viewed free of charge in person.
The material to be incorporated can also be viewed free of charge on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MFAT) website at https://www.mfat.govt.nz/pacer/.
Any written comment must be received by the New Zealand Customs Service no later than 10 working days after the date of notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
Dated at Wellington this 19th day of September 2018.
CHRISTINE STEVENSON, Acting Comptroller, New Zealand Customs Service.