Pursuant to section 192A(2) of the Fisheries Act 1996, the Director General, after complying with that section, gives the following notice.
This notice is the Fisheries (Exemption From Compliance With the Fisheries Act 1996) Notice 2018.
This notice comes into force on the day after its notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
3. Exemption to Section 192A(1) of the Fisheries Act 1996
From the date that this notice comes into effect, all fish farmers are exempt from compliance with section 192A(1) of the Act in the following situation:
- where the fish farmer is acquiring or in possession of the following species of fish, aquatic life, or seaweed:
- Spirulina (Arthrospira platensis and Arthrospira maxima); or
- Black pacu/tambaqui (Colossoma macropomum); and
- the species referred to in (a) has been legally imported into New Zealand.
The exemption given in clause 3 of this notice is subject to the following conditions:
- Registered fish farmers must have the species listed in their registration.
- Licenced fish farms must specify the fish in the licence.
Dated at Nelson this 10th day of September 2018.
CHRISTINE BOWDEN, Acting Manager Customary Fisheries & Spatial Allocations, Fisheries New Zealand, Ministry for Primary Industries (acting under the delegated authority).