Pursuant to section 11(4) of the Fisheries Act 1996 (“Act”), the Minister of Fisheries gives the following notice after complying with sections 11 and 12 of the Act.
This notice is the Fisheries (SCA7 and Port Underwood Closure) Notice 2018 (Notice No. MPI 888).
This notice comes into force on 14 July 2018.
In this notice:
(1) SCA7 means the “Quota Management area SCA7-Southern scallop fishery” defined in Part 3, Schedule 1, of the Act.
(2) Port Underwood means the area of New Zealand fisheries waters bounded by a straight line drawn from Robertson Point (at 41°21.020′S and 174°07.265′E) to the southern tip of Robin Hood Bay (at 41°21.806′S and 174°04.590′E).
4. Prohibition on taking scallops
A person must not:
(1) take scallops from SCA7 or Port Underwood; or
(2) possess any scallops taken from SCA7 or Port Underwood.
5. Customary Fishing
This notice does not restrict the taking of fish, aquatic life or seaweed taken in accordance with Regulations 50–52 of the Fisheries (Amateur Fishing) Regulations 2013 or the Fisheries (South Island Customary Fishing) Regulations 1998.
Dated at Wellington this 2nd day of July 2018.
Hon STUART NASH, Minister of Fisheries.