Maree Zinzley, Manager Approvals Operations, of the Ministry for Primary Industries (“MPI”), acting under delegated authority from the Director-General of MPI, gives notice under section 14(1) of the Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines Act 1997 (“Act”) that the following application has been made to register a trade name product under section 9(1) of the Act:
Trade Name: Revolution Plus
Active Ingredients and Concentrations:
Selamectin 15   mg and sarolaner 2.5   mg
Spot-on solution for cats ≤2.5 [>2.5-5] [>5-10] kg
Formulation Type: Non-aqueous solution
General Use Claim:
Revolution Plus is indicated for use on cats aged at least 8 weeks old and weighing at least 1.25kg bodyweight for:
- Treatment and prevention of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides spp.). Revolution Plus has immediate and persistent flea killing activity against new infestations and kills adult fleas before they can lay eggs, for 5 weeks. Through its ovicidal and larvicidal action, Revolution Plus may aid in the control of existing environmental flea infestations in areas to which the animal has access.
- Part of a treatment strategy for flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
- Treatment of tick infestations (Haemaphysalis longicornis). Revolution Plus has a persistent acaricidal effect for at least 4 weeks. Ticks must attach to the host and commence feeding in order to be exposed to sarolaner.
- Treatment of ear mites (Otodectes cynotis).
- Treatment of biting lice infestations (Felicola subrostratus).
- Treatment of adult roundworms (Toxocara cati) and adult intestinal hookworms (Ancylostoma tubaeforme).
Any person may make a written submission to the director-general concerning this application.
Under sections 16 and 17 of the Act, a written submission:
- must state in full the reasons for making the submission;
- may state any decision sought on that application; and
- must be received by the director-general no later than 30 working days after the date of notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
Under section 18 of the Act, a copy of every submission will be forwarded to the applicant for the applicant’s information.
The following address is:
- where submissions on this application are to be sent;
- where requests for copies of the public information relating to the application can be sent;
- where public information relating to the application can be viewed; and
- the director-general’s address for service:
ACVM Group, Ministry for Primary Industries, Pastoral House, 25 The Terrace, Wellington 6011. Postal Address: PO Box 2526, Wellington 6140.
The applicant’s address for service is:
Zoetis New Zealand Limited, Level 5, 8 Mahuhu Crescent, Auckland 1010. Postal Address: PO Box 2094, Shortland Street, Auckland 1140.
Dated at Wellington this 20th day of December 2017.
MAREE ZINZLEY, Manager Approvals Operations, Ministry for Primary Industries (acting under delegated authority).