Pursuant to section 14 of the Fisheries Act 1996, the Minister of Fisheries, after complying with the requirements of that section and section 12, gives the following notice.
- Title—This notice may be cited as the Fisheries (Southern Bluefin Tuna Total Allowable Catch) Notice 2018.
- Commencement—This notice shall come into effect the day after the date of its notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
- Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery defined—The Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery quota management area is the area defined in the Schedule to the Fisheries (Declaration of New Stocks Subject to Quota Management System) Notice (No. 3) 2003 (SR 2003/303).
- Total allowable catch for the Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery increased for 2017–2018 fishing year—The total allowable catch for the Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery for the 2017–2018 fishing year is increased from 1,000 to 1,088 tonnes greenweight in accordance with section 14(6) of the Fisheries Act 1996.
- Total allowable catch for the Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery reverts—From 1 October 2018, the total allowable catch for the Southern Bluefin Tuna Fishery reverts back to the total allowable catch that applies at the beginning of that fishing year in accordance with section 14(7) of the Fisheries Act 1996.
Dated at Wellington this 12th day of April 2018.
Hon STUART NASH, Minister of Fisheries.