Advertisement of Application for Approval of a Scheme of Variation Under the Charitable Trusts Act 1957
Take notice that TIKIPUNGA PROTESTANT CHILDREN’S HOME (“Board”) will make an application to the High Court at Whangarei on Thursday 1 November 2018 at 9.00am for orders, under Part III of the Charitable Trusts Act 1957, approving a scheme to extend and vary the powers of the Board. To achieve this, the applicant is applying for orders from the High Court to vary the terms of the current trust deed (as currently amended by the High Court) by:
- Amending and modernising the purpose of the Board from “for the benefit of children in need of care of assistance, providing short-term and long-term care as needed” to “for the benefit of children from disadvantaged backgrounds”. This change is to enable the Board to carry out charitable projects without being strictly required to provide care/accommodation; and
- amending the powers of the Board to dispose of assets to achieve the amended purpose by selling the (now unused) “home and curtilage” area.
Any person desiring to oppose the scheme is required to give written notice of their intention to do so, not less than clear seven days before the date of the hearing, to:
- the applicants’ solicitors at the address below;
- the Registrar of the High Court at Whangarei; and
- the Attorney-General, Crown Law Office, PO Box 2858, Wellington 6140.
This notice is advertised in accordance with section 36 of the Charitable Trusts Act 1957.
The applicants’ address for service is at the offices of its solicitors, WRMK Lawyers, 9 Hunt Street, Whangarei 0148 (attention: Simon Davies-Colley).