Pursuant to section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998 (“Act”), I authorise the following person, for the purpose(s) and the term, and on the conditions stated below, to have access to the names and addresses of persons:
- who are currently registered in respect of a motor vehicle(s); and
- who have not instructed the Registrar of Motor Vehicles to withhold their details.
Person: Standen Service Centre (trading as Jamieson’s Tow Services).
- To assist in verifying the registered person details in respect of a motor vehicle that has been impounded by Standen Service Centre (trading as Jamieson’s Tow Services); and
- for the purpose of obtaining up to date contact details for registered persons in respect of a motor vehicle that has been impounded by Standen Service Centre (trading as Jamieson’s Tow Services).
Term: The authorisation is valid for a period of 5 years commencing 7 December 2018 and ending at midnight on 6 December 2023.
- the personal information is accessed only by the applicant on its own behalf and solely for its own use;
- the personal information is accessed only for the specified purpose(s);
- the fees charged for the provision of the personal information from the Motor Vehicle Register are duly paid;
- any identified instances of unauthorised access are immediately notified to the NZ Transport Agency and Privacy Commissioner;
- before being permitted to access the Motor Vehicle Register under section 241, all staff must receive training that emphasises that such access must only be for the specified purposes; and refresher training also must be undertaken at appropriate intervals;
- access must be restricted solely to members of staff for whom authorised access is essential to achieving a specified purpose;
- the personal information obtained under this authorisation shall not be disclosed to any third party unless such disclosure is necessarily incidental to achieving a specified purpose;
- transaction records must be kept for a period of 12 months from the date on which an enquiry was made. Those records need to show date, plate number, and the purpose. Those records are to be provided to the NZ Transport Agency on request, to assist with any audit process;
- compliance with the terms and conditions, if any, imposed by the NZ Transport Agency for access to Motor Vehicle Register information.
Dated this 17th day of December 2018.
CHARLES RONALDSON, General Manager Customer Design and Delivery, NZ Transport Agency.