Pursuant to section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998 (“Act”), I authorise the following person, for the purposes and the term, and on the conditions stated below, to have access to the names and addresses of persons:
- who are currently registered in respect of a motor vehicle(s); and
- who have not instructed the Registrar of Motor Vehicles to withhold their details.
Person: Massey University
- To trace persons registered in respect of motor vehicles where the occupants exit a car park managed by Massey University in Palmerston North without paying for parking, in breach of the parking terms and conditions;
- to trace persons registered in respect of motor vehicles which while entering, in, or exiting a car park managed by Massey University in Palmerston North, cause damage to the car park property; and
- to send a reminder notice to the registered person where a motor vehicle has been parked in a car park in breach of the parking terms and conditions, enforcement of which is managed by Massey University in Palmerston North.
Term: For a period of 5 years commencing 29 January 2018 and ending at midnight on 28 January 2023.
- The personal information is accessed only by the applicant on its own behalf and solely for its own use;
- the personal information is accessed only for the specified purposes;
- the fees charged for the provision of the personal information from the Motor Vehicle Register are duly paid;
- any identified instances of unauthorised access are immediately notified to the NZ Transport Agency and the Privacy Commissioner;
- before being permitted to access the Motor Vehicle Register under section 241 of the Act, all staff must receive training that emphasises that such access must only be for the specified purposes, and refresher training must be undertaken at appropriate intervals;
- access must be restricted solely to members of staff for whom authorised access is essential to achieving a specified purpose;
- the personal information obtained under this authorisation shall not be disclosed to any third party unless such disclosure is necessarily incidental to achieving a specified purpose;
- transaction records must be kept for a period of 12 months from the date on which an enquiry was made. Those records need to show date, plate number, and the purpose. Those records are to be provided to the NZ Transport Agency on request, to assist with any audit process;
- compliance with the terms and conditions, if any, imposed by the NZ Transport Agency for access to Motor Vehicle Register information; and
- breaches or damage referred to in the specified purposes must not have occurred more than 3 calendar months prior to when this authorisation was granted.
Dated this 25th day of January 2018.
CHARLES RONALDSON, General Manager Customer Design and Delivery, NZ Transport Agency.