Pursuant to section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998 (“Act”), I authorise the following person, for the purposes and the term, and on the conditions stated below, to have access to the names and addresses of persons:
- who are currently registered in respect of a motor vehicle(s) ; and
- who have not instructed the Registrar of Motor Vehicles to withhold their details.
Person: Rowe Motors (Tga.) Limited
- To find the name and address of the registered person of vehicles that Rowe Motors (Tga.) Limited is in lawful possession of; and
- to notify the registered person prior to a vehicle’s sale/disposal.
Term: For a period of 5 years commencing 27 December 2017 and expiring at midnight on 26 December 2022.
- The personal information is accessed only by the applicant on its own behalf and solely for its own use;
- the personal information is accessed only for the specified purposes;
- the fees charged for the provision of the personal information from the Motor Vehicle Register are duly paid;
- any identified instances of unauthorised access are immediately notified to the NZ Transport Agency and the Privacy Commissioner;
- before being permitted to access the Motor Vehicle Register under section 241 of the Act, all staff must receive training that emphasises that such access must only be for the specified purposes, and refresher training must be undertaken at appropriate intervals;
- access must be restricted solely to members of staff for whom authorised access is essential to achieving a specified purpose;
- the personal information obtained under this authorisation shall not be disclosed to any third party unless such disclosure is necessarily incidental to achieving a specified purpose;
- transaction records must be kept for a period of 12 months from the date on which an enquiry was made. Those records need to show date, plate number, and the purpose. Those records are to be provided to the NZ Transport Agency on request, to assist with any audit process;
- compliance with the terms and conditions, if any, imposed by the NZ Transport Agency for access to Motor Vehicle Register information; and
- authorised access to names and addresses is permitted for Rowe Motors (Tga.) Limited only while holding an active Vehicle Recovery Service Licence.
Dated this 21st day of December 2017.
CHARLES RONALDSON, General Manager Customer Design and Delivery, NZ Transport Agency.