- Under section 38(3)(b) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010, and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Disclosure Obligations) 2018 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 21 June 2018.
- The amendment changes Part 13 of the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”). The amendment:
- removes the exclusion from the requirement to make disclosure information readily available to the public under clause 13.2A(1) of the Code on the grounds that doing so would commercially disadvantage the participant in a material manner; and
- inserts a new exclusion from the requirement to make disclosure information readily available to the public on the grounds that a reasonable person would not expect the disclosure information to be made readily available;
- amends the timeframe for addressing misleading, deceptive, or incorrect information under Part 13.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website, http://www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code/.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, ASB Bank Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 21st day of May 2018.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chairperson, Electricity Authority.