Pursuant to section 4 of the Commodity Levies (Arable Crops) Order 2012 (“Order”), a levy has been imposed on, and shall be payable by, the producers of any arable commodity grown in New Zealand.
In accordance with section 13 of the Order, the Foundation for Arable Research Incorporated has determined the levy rates for 1 January 2018 to 31 December 2018 will remain unchanged at:
- Herbage and amenity seed – 0.9% of sale value.
- All other grain and seed crops (cereals, pulses etc) – 0.9% of sale value.
- Open pollinated vegetable seed crops – 0.9% of sale value.
- Hybrid vegetable seed crops – 0.6% of sale value.
- Onion seed crops will be zero rated.
Dated this 18th day of September 2017.
N. PYKE, Chief Executive, Foundation for Arable Research Incorporated.
Contact Details: PO Box 23133, Templeton 8445.