In accordance with section 9 of the Veterans’ Support Act 2014 (“Act”), I hereby give the following notice.
- I declare service:
- within the territorial limits of the Republic of Iraq and the air space above it on or after 4 November 2014 to be operational service for the purposes of the Act, until declared otherwise.
- This declaration supersedes:
- the declaration of operational service made on 23 April 2015 under the Veterans’ Support Act 2014 for service within the territorial limits of the Republic of Iraq and the air space above it between 4 November 2014 and 31 December 2017 (inclusive).
- This declaration covers:
- members of the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) serving with the NZDF;
- members of the NZDF on secondment with the armed forces of other nations; and
- any person seconded to the NZDF with the permission of the Chief of Defence Force.
- The persons covered by this declaration shall have access to the entitlements and services specified in the Act and the Veterans’ Support Regulations 2014.
- I am satisfied that there is a significant risk of harm to those that undertake this service, as required by the Act.
Dated this 8th day of November 2017.
Hon RON MARK, Minister for Veterans.