Pursuant to section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Minister for the Environment gives the following notice.
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice is The Resource Management (Approval of Hurunui Water Project Limited as a Requiring Authority) Notice 2017.
(2) This notice shall come into force on the 28th day after its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Approval as requiring authority—Hurunui Water Project Limited is hereby approved as a requiring authority, under section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, in respect of the following network utility operations:
- The investigation, construction, operation, maintenance, upgrading, replacement, and repair of Hurunui Water Project Limited’s future network of assets for the distribution of water for supply.
- Associated use, erection, reconstruction, placement, alteration, extension, removal or demolition of any structure in, on, or over the land in respect of the distribution of water for irrigation within the Hurunui Water Project Limited irrigation scheme area.
Dated at Wellington this 21st day of August 2017.
Hon Dr NICK SMITH, Minister for the Environment.