Pursuant to section 13(7) of the Fisheries Act 1996, the Minister for Primary Industries gives the following notice after complying with sections 11, 12, and 13 of that Act.
1. Title—This notice may be cited as the Fisheries (FLA 3 Total Allowable Catch) Notice 2017.
2. Commencement—This notice shall come into effect the day after the date of its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
3. FLA 3 Fishery defined—The FLA 3 Fishery is the flatfish fishery carried on in flatfish quota management area 3 as defined in the Fisheries (Quota Management Areas, Total Allowable Catches, and Catch Histories) Notice 1986, Schedule 1, “Flatfishes”, Item D.
4. Total allowable catch for the FLA 3 Fishery increased for 2016–2017 fishing year—The total allowable catch for the FLA 3 Fishery for the 2016–2017 fishing year is increased from 1,617 to 2,335 tonnes greenweight in accordance with section 13(7) of the Fisheries Act 1996.
5. Total allowable catch for the FLA 3 Fishery reverts—From 1 October 2017, the total allowable catch for the FLA 3 Fishery reverts back to 1,617 tonnes greenweight in accordance with section 13(8) of the Fisheries Act 1996.
Dated at Wellington this 16th day of August 2017.
Hon NATHAN GUY, Minister for Primary Industries.