Pursuant to section 154A of the Education Act 1989, I hereby declare that Ngāti Hauā School will be redesignated from an ordinary state school to a designated character school on 16 October 2017.
- The school will operate in accordance with section 156 of the Education Act 1989. The designated character of the school shall be: Implementing the vision of “Whitikingia Te Reo, Te Wairua me ōna Tikanga”.
- The foundation of the special designation of the kura will include:
- Philosophical base for teaching and learning.
- Inclusion of the Ngāti Hauā character in the curriculum and delivery of pedagogy:
- Ngāti Hauā perception of the child
- Te Reo – Whitikingia te reo, te wairua me ōna tikanga
- Ngā Iwi
- Te Ao
- Ahuatanga Ako o Ngāti Hauā
- Te Uaratanga o Ngāti Hauā
The school will continue to be known as Ngāti Hauā School.
Constitution of the Board of Trustees
The constitution of the Board of Trustees of Ngāti Hauā School shall not be changed by this notice.
Dated at Wellington this 8th day of August 2017.
KATRINA CASEY, Deputy Secretary, Sector Enablement and Support, Ministry of Education.