Pursuant to section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, the Minister for the Environment gives the following notice.
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice is the Resource Management (Approval of Hunter Downs Water Limited as a Requiring Authority) Notice 2017.
(2) This notice shall come into force on the 28th day after its publication in the New Zealand Gazette.
2. Approval as requiring authority—Hunter Downs Water Limited is hereby approved as a requiring authority under section 167 of the Resource Management Act 1991, in respect of the following network utility operations:
- Distribution (including associated diversion, intake, conveyance, storage and discharge) of water from the Waitaki River to the Hunter Downs Irrigation Scheme.
- Associated use, erection, reconstruction, placement, alteration, extension, removal or demolition of any structure in, on, or over the land in respect of the distribution of water for irrigation within the Hunter Downs Irrigation Scheme Area.
- The operation, maintenance, expansion and development of the Hunter Downs Irrigation Scheme within the Hunter Downs Irrigation Scheme Area described as starting near Studholme in the south to the outskirts of Timaru in the north and extending roughly westwards within the Timaru and Temuka Districts.
Dated at Wellington this 24th day of May 2017.
Hon Dr NICK SMITH, Minister for the Environment.