- Pursuant to section 24 of the Veterans’ Support Act 2014, the Minister of Veterans’ Affairs gives notice of the amendment of nine Statements of Principles under the Veterans’ Support Regulations 2014.
- The amendments take effect on the date of publication of this notice.
- The amendments are as follows:
- otitic barotrauma Nos. 35/2012 and 36/2012 are amended by Nos. 15/2017 and 16/2017;
- sinus barotrauma Nos. 49/2010 and 50/2010 are amended by Nos. 17/2017 and 18/2017;
- malignant neoplasm of the prostate Nos. 53/2014 and 54/2014 are amended by Nos. 19/2017 and 20/2017;
- malignant neoplasm of the oesophagus No. 120/2015 is amended by No. 21/2017; and
- suicide and attempted suicide Nos. 65/2016 and 66/2016 are amended by Nos. 26/2017 and 27/2017.
- The amendments to the Statements of Principles on otitic barotrauma and sinus barotrauma have been made in order to replace definitions of “a change in the ambient barometric pressure as specified”.
- The amendments to the Statements of Principles on malignant neoplasm of the prostate relate to smoking and inability to obtain appropriate clinical management of the illness.
- The amendments to the Reasonable Hypothesis Statement of Principles on malignant neoplasm of the oesophagus relate to the factor concerning “ionising radiation”.
- Statements of Principles Nos. 35/2012, 36/2012, 49/2010, 50/2010, 53/2014, 54/2014, 120/2015, 65/2016 and 66/2016 are not revoked but should be read and applied together as compiled with their respective Amendment Statements of Principles Nos. 15/2017, 16/2017, 17/2017, 18/2017, 19/2017, 20/2017, 21/2017, 26/2017, and 27/2017.
- Copies of the Amendment Statements of Principles are available on the website of the Australian Government Repatriation Medical Authority: www.rma.gov.au.
Dated at Wellington this 8th day of June 2017.
Hon DAVID BENNETT, Minister of Veterans’ Affairs.