Pursuant to section 7(5) of the Inquiries Act 2013, and as the appointing Minister for the Inquiry, the Attorney-General amends the final reporting date in the notice titled Establishment of the Government Inquiry into Havelock North Drinking-Water, published in the New Zealand Gazette, 15 September 2016, Issue No. 81, Notice No. 2016-go5298.
The inquiry is to report its findings and opinions in writing to the appointing Minister in two stages:
- Stage 1 will address matters directly related to the contamination event, focus on findings of fact and fault, and will report by 12 May 2017; and
- Stage 2 will address systemic issues, lessons to be learned and provide recommendations, and will report by 8 December 2017.
The following persons are appointed to and constitute the inquiry during the period of extension:
- The Honourable Lynton Laurence Stevens, qc (chairperson);
- Dr Karen Olive Poutasi, cnzm (member); and
- Anthony Edwin Wilson (member).
Dated at Wellington this 28th day of March 2017.
Hon CHRISTOPHER FINLAYSON, Attorney-General.