1. Pursuant to section 24 of the Veterans’ Support Act 2014, the Minister of Veterans’ Affairs gives notice of the amendment of four Statements of Principles under the Veterans’ Support Regulations 2014.
2. The amendments take effect on the date of publication of this notice.
3. The amendments are as follows:
anxiety disorder Nos. 102/2014 and 103/2014 are amended by Nos. 99/2016 and 100/2016; and
panic disorder Nos. 68/2009 and 69/2009 are amended by Nos. 101/2016 and 102/2016.
4. The amendments to the Statements of Principles on anxiety disorder and panic disorder have been made in order to replace certain definitions and to insert new, additional factors which may provide a causal link between the respective conditions and a veteran’s qualifying service.
5. Statements of Principles Nos. 102/2014, 103/2014, 68/2009 and 69/2009 are not revoked but should be read and applied together as compiled with the respective Amendment Statements of Principles Nos. 99/2016, 100/2016, 101/2016 and 102/2016.
6. Copies of the Amendment Statements of Principles on anxiety disorder and panic disorder are available on the website of the Australian Government Repatriation Medical Authority: www.rma.gov.au.
Dated at Wellington this 16th day of March 2017.
Hon DAVID BENNETT, Minister of Veterans’ Affairs.