Pursuant to section 288(1)(aaa) and 288(12) of the Customs and Excise Act 1996, the chief executive hereby makes the following rules prescribing the form and manner for the making of applications for Customs controlled area licences.
1. Title, Commencement, Application and Purpose—(1) These rules may be cited as the Customs (Application for Customs Controlled Area Licences Amendment Application) Rules 2017.
(2) These rules shall come into force on 9 April 2017.
(3) These rules shall apply for the purposes of updating the prescribed form in the Schedule to the Principal Rules.
2. Interpretation—In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires:
- Act means the Customs and Excise Act 1996;
- Principal Rules means the Customs (Application for Customs Controlled Area Licences) Rules 2014; and
any terms used in these rules which are defined in section 2 of the Act shall have the meanings given to them by that section.
3. Schedule Amendment—Form 1 in the Schedule of the Principal Rules is hereby revoked and substituted with form C11 set out in the Schedule to these rules.
4. Rules to Continue in Force—Rules to continue in force except to the extent they are amended by these Rules.
Dated at Wellington this 6th day of March 2017.
CAROLYN TREMAIN, Chief Executive, New Zealand Customs Service.
Notice Under Section 288(7) of the Act
Copies of these rules are available for inspection on the Customs Service website at www.customs.govt.nz/news/resources/legal/Pages/default.aspx or at any of the following Customs Offices:
Auckland – The Customhouse, 50 Anzac Avenue, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010
Wellington – The Customhouse, 1 Hinemoa Street, Harbour Quays, Wellington 6011
Christchurch – The Customhouse, 6 Orchard Road, Christchurch Airport, Christchurch 8053
Dunedin – The Customhouse, 32 Portsmouth Drive, South Dunedin, Dunedin 9012
Copies of these rules may be purchased from the New Zealand Customs Service, Private Bag 1928, Dunedin 9054.