Notice of Election by Public Trust to Become Manager
Under Part VII of the Public Trust Act 2001
- William James Mudie Larnach (“owner”) is the registered owner of the property mentioned in the Schedule hereto.
- Public Trust has been informed and believes after due enquiry that the owner of the property is deceased.
- After due enquiry Public Trust does not know whether the owner of the property has any agent or administrator in New Zealand with authority to take possession of and administer the property, or where the agent or administrator is, or whether the agent or administrator is alive or dead.
- The gross value of the property (as estimated by Public Trust) does not exceed $40,000.00.
- Public Trust is satisfied that it is advisable in the interests of another person that Public Trust elects to be the manager of the property under Part VII of the Public Trust Act 2001.
- Public Trust has advertised its intention to elect to be the manager of the property in the 7 December 2016 edition of the Otago Daily Times, which is a newspaper circulating in the locality where the property is situated and believed by Public Trust to be an appropriate advertising medium.
Now, therefore, Public Trust, in exercise of the authority conferred on it by section 101(1) of the Public Trust Act 2001, hereby elects to be manager of the property under Part VII of the Act.
Balance of parcel of land Section 29 Block V and Sections 1–5 Block VI and Sections 35–36 Block VII Portobello Survey District and the balance of the parcel of land Section 40 Block XXXIII Town of Palmerston and Sections 36–37, 41 Block XXXIII Town of Palmerston (“properties”) and being the land contained in Certificates of Title OT3/36, OT3/171 and OT15/250 (Otago Land Registry). The pieces of land are located at 3 Harington Point Road, Portobello and Ronaldsay Street, Palmerston respectively.
Dated at Lower Hutt this 10th day of January 2017.
Signed on behalf of Public Trust by an authorised signatory:
HAYLEY JADE FURNEAUX, Senior Trust Officer, Public Trust Lower Hutt.