Notice of Application for Approval of a Scheme of Variation
Pursuant to the Charitable Trusts Act 1957
The Roman Catholic Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Wellington, as trustee of the Emma Ann O’Connor Trust, has made an application to the High Court at Nelson for the approval of a scheme of variation allowing for excess reserve funds accumulated and the excess income to be applied at the trustee’s discretion for:
- The repair and maintenance of the buildings, land and grounds comprised as part of the Our Lady of the Bays Parish;
- capital expenditure on new or replacement capital items, and other sundry expenditure, for those buildings, land and grounds comprised as part of the Our Lady of the Bays Parish;
- the payment of local authority rates in respect of land comprising the Our Lady of the Bays Parish; and
- the payment of premiums on insurance policies held in respect of land and buildings comprising the Our Lady of the Bays Parish.
The date set down for hearing of the application is 7 March 2018 at 10.00am at the High Court, Nelson.
Any person desiring to oppose the scheme of variation must give written notice of the intention to do so no fewer than seven clear days before 7 March 2018 to the following:
- The Registrar of the High Court at Nelson;
- the Attorney-General (whose address for service is the Crown Law Office, Justice Centre, 19 Aitken Street, Wellington. Attention: Peter Gunn); and
- the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Wellington (whose address for service is c/- Duncan Cotterill, PO Box 827, Nelson, 7040. Attention: Nick Laing).
This notice is given by Nick Laing of Duncan Cotterill, Solicitors for the Roman Catholic Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Wellington.