Notice of Application for a Scheme Under Part III of the Charitable Trusts Act 1957
Notice is hereby given that the trustees of the AUCKLAND OBSERVATORY AND PLANETARIUM TRUST BOARD (“trust”) have filed, in the High Court at Auckland under CIV-2016-404-3026, an application for approval of a scheme pursuant to which the trust deed dated 13 September 1956, creating the AUCKLAND OBSERVATORY AND PLANETARIUM TRUST BOARD, would be varied. Under this scheme, the provisions of the trust deed would be varied to:
- Allow the trustees, in certain circumstances and subject to some limitations, by unanimous resolution, to make any alteration or addition to the terms and provisions of the trust deed as the trustees in their absolute discretion think fit;
- allow unanimous resolutions of the trustees to be as effectual as if they had been passed by a meeting of the trust board duly convened and held;
- alter the number of trustees;
- alter the manner of the trustees’ appointment and term of appointment;
- alter the quorum for conducting trust business; and
- provide a method for the removal of a trustee.
Copies of the scheme and the report of the Attorney-General thereon may be inspected, free of charge, at the office of the Registrar of the High Court at Auckland, or at the offices of Daniel Overton & Goulding, 33 Selwyn Street, Onehunga, Auckland.
The application has been set down for hearing in the High Court at Auckland on Wednesday 7 June 2017 at 10.00am.
Any person desiring to oppose the scheme is required to give notice of his or her intention to do so to the Registrar of the High Court at Auckland and to the trustees of the AUCKLAND OBSERVATORY AND PLANETARIUM TRUST BOARD (c/o Daniel Overton & Goulding) and the Attorney-General not fewer than seven clear days before the above-mentioned date.
This notice is given by Brendan Timothy Wood, solicitor for AUCKLAND OBSERVATORY AND PLANETARIUM TRUST BOARD, whose address for services is at the offices of Daniel Overton & Goulding, 33 Selwyn Street, Onehunga, Auckland.