Pursuant to section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998 (“Act”), I authorise the following person, for the purposes and the term, and on the conditions stated below, to have access to the names and addresses of persons:
- who are currently registered in respect of a motor vehicle(s); and
- who have not instructed the Registrar of Motor Vehicles to withhold their details.
Person: Information Logistics Company Limited
Term: For a period of five years commencing 19 October 2017 and expiring at midnight on 18 October 2022.
- The names and addresses are accessed only by clients of Information Logistics Company Limited, whose use of the information is regulated by contract with the applicant, on the client’s own behalf and solely for the client’s own use;
- the personal information is accessed only for the specified purposes;
- the fees charged for the provision of the personal information from the Motor Vehicle Register are duly paid;
- any identified instances of unauthorised access are immediately notified to the NZ Transport Agency and the Privacy Commissioner;
- before being permitted to access the Motor Vehicle Register under section 241 of the Act, all staff must receive training that emphasises that such access must only be for the specified purposes, and refresher training must be undertaken at appropriate intervals;
- access must be restricted solely to members of staff for whom authorised access is essential to achieving the specified purpose;
- the personal information obtained under this authorisation shall not be disclosed to any third party unless such disclosure is necessarily incidental to achieving the specified purpose;
- if requested by the NZ Transport Agency, Information Logistics Company Limited must provide records of queries for auditing purposes; and
- compliance with the terms and conditions, if any, imposed by the NZ Transport Agency for access to Motor Vehicle Register information.
Dated this 9th day of October 2017.
CHARLES RONALDSON, General Manager Customer Design and Delivery, NZ Transport Agency.