- Under sections 38(3)(b) and 39(3)(a) of the Electricity Industry Act 2010 (“Act”), and having complied with section 39 of that Act, the Electricity Authority (“Authority”) gives notice of making the Electricity Industry Participation Code Amendment (Code Review Programme) 2017 (“amendment”).
- The amendment comes into force on 5 October 2017.
- The amendment makes a variety of improvements to the Electricity Industry Participation Code 2010 (“Code”) that the Authority had identified either in the course of its work or as a result of suggestions received through the Authority’s Code amendment proposal process. The amendment mostly comprises changes to the Code that would be beneficial, but that do not (of themselves) warrant a separate Code amendment.
- These changes include:
- removing the market administrator role, and reallocating the market administrator’s functions under the Code;
- removing exceptions to the application of Parts 6 and 9 of the Code;
- rationalising references to “registry” and “registry manager”;
- simplifying terms in the Code relating to electricity supply; and
- simplifying requirements for making information available under the Code.
- Where the amendment makes a change to the Code under section 39(3)(a) of the Act, the Authority has not prepared and publicised a regulatory statement, or consulted on a regulatory statement, because it is satisfied that the relevant change is technical and non-controversial.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code is available on the Authority’s website: www.ea.govt.nz/code-and-compliance/the-code.
- A copy of the amendment and the Code may also be inspected free of charge or purchased from the Electricity Authority, Level 7, ASB Bank Tower, 2 Hunter Street, Wellington.
Dated at Wellington this 30th day of August 2017.
Dr THOMAS BRENT LAYTON, Chairperson, Electricity Authority.