Pursuant to section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998 (“Act”), I authorise the following person, for the purpose and the term, and on the conditions stated below, to have access to the names and addresses of persons:
- who are currently registered in respect of a motor vehicle(s); and
- who have not instructed the Registrar of Motor Vehicles to withhold their details.
Person: Thompson&Toresen Investigations Limited
Term: For a period of five years commencing on 13 March 2017 and ending at midnight on 12 March 2022.
- Names and addresses are accessed only by Daniel Thompson and Daniel Toresen on behalf of Thompson&Toresen Investigations Limited and solely for Thompson&Toresen Investigations Limited’s own use;
- the personal information is accessed only for the specified purpose(s);
- the fees charged for the provision of the personal information from the Motor Vehicle Register are duly paid;
- any identified instances of unauthorised access are immediately notified to the NZ Transport Agency and the Privacy Commissioner;
- the personal information obtained under this authorisation shall not be disclosed to any third party unless such disclosure is necessarily incidental to achieving a specified purpose;
- transaction records must be kept for a period of 12 months from the date on which an enquiry was made. Those records need to show date, plate number, and the purpose. Those records are to be provided to the NZ Transport Agency on request, to assist with any audit process;
- to access the Motor Vehicle Register, Thompson&Toresen Investigations Limited must hold a private investigator licence and Daniel Thompson and Daniel Toresen must hold a certificate of approval under the Private Security Personnel and Private Investigators Act 2010; and
- compliance with the terms and conditions, if any, imposed by the NZ Transport Agency for access to Motor Vehicle Register information.
Dated this 7th day of March 2017.
MICHAEL PAUL BEEDELL, Manager Adjudications, NZ Transport Agency.