Pursuant to Part 2, section 12(1) of the Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act 2003 (“Act”), the following notice is given.
1. Title and commencement—(1) This notice may be cited as the Dietitians Qualifications Amendment Notice 2016.
(2) This notice, to amend the qualification, will come into force on 19 May 2016.
2. Revocation—This notice revokes and replaces the previous notice issued by the Dietitians Board (“Board”) and published in the New Zealand Gazette, 30 October 2008, No. 164, page 4313.
Qualifications Prescribed for Registration in the Scope of Practice – Dietitian
Pursuant to section 12(1) of the Act, the following qualifications are prescribed for registration as a dietitian:
- Postgraduate Diploma in Dietetics (University of Otago);
- Master of Dietetics degree (University of Otago);
- Master of Science (Nutrition and Dietetics) degree (Massey University);
- Master of Health Sciences in Nutrition and Dietetics (The University of Auckland); or
- a qualification recognised by the Board and with a pass in the Board’s Registration Examination, or any other assessment set by the Board.
Dated at Wellington this 13th day of April 2016.
SUE DOMANSKI, Registrar, Dietitians Board.