Maree Zinzley, Manager Approvals Operations of the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI), acting under delegated authority from the Director-General of MPI, gives notice, under section 14(1) of the Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines Act 1997 (“Act”), that the following application has been made to register a trade name product under section 9(1) of the Act:
Trade Name: Poncho Votivo
Active Ingredient and Concentration:
Clothianidin (in the form of a suspension concentrate and minimum 2.0 x 109 cfu/L Bacillus firmus I-1582) 508g/L
Formulation Type: Insecticide
General Use Claim:
A systemic insecticide and biological seed treatment for protection from Argentine stem weevil, black beetle and greasy cutworm in maize and sweet corn. Also contains Bacillus firmus I-1582 which suppresses nematode damage in maize and sweetcorn.
Any person may make a written submission to the director-general concerning this application.
Under sections 16 and 17 of the Act, a written submission:
- must state in full the reasons for making the submission; and
- may state any decision sought on that application; and
- must be received by the director-general no later than 30 working days after the date of notification in the New Zealand Gazette.
Under section 18 of the Act, a copy of every submission will be forwarded to the applicant for the applicant’s information.
The following address is:
- where submissions on this application are to be sent; and
- where requests for copies of the public information relating to the application can be sent; and
- where public information relating to the application can be viewed; and
- the director-general’s address for service:
ACVM Group, Ministry for Primary Industries, Pastoral House, 25 The Terrace, Wellington 6011. Postal Address: PO Box 2526, Wellington 6140.
The applicant’s address for service is:
Bayer New Zealand Limited, 3 Argus Place, Hillcrest, Auckland 0627. Postal Address: PO Box 2825, Shortland Street, Auckland 1140.
Dated at Wellington this 11th day of February 2016.
MAREE ZINZLEY, Manager Approvals Operations, Ministry for Primary Industries (acting under delegated authority).