Pursuant to section 288(1)(aaa) and 288(12) of the Customs and Excise Act 1996, the chief executive hereby makes the following rules prescribing the form and manner for the making of applications for Customs controlled area licences.
1. Title, Commencement, Application and Purpose—(1) These rules may be cited as the Customs (Application for Customs Controlled Area Licences Amendment Application) Rules 2016.
(2) These rules shall come into force on 1 February 2017.
(3) These rules shall apply for the purposes of updating certain terminology to align with recent legislative and policy changes and to correct an error.
2. Interpretation—In these rules, unless the context otherwise requires:
- Act means the Customs and Excise Act 1996;
- Regulations means the Customs and Excise Regulations 1996;
- Principal Rules means the Customs (Application for Customs Controlled Area Licences) Rules 2014; and
any terms used in these rules which are defined in section 2 of the Act shall have the meanings given to them by that section.
3. Schedule Amendment—The Schedule to the Principal Rules is amended by revoking form 1 and substituting form 1 set out in the schedule of these Rules.
4. Rules to Continue in Force—Rules to continue in force except to the extent they are amended by these Rules.
Dated at Wellington this 14th day of December 2016.
CAROLYN TREMAIN, Chief Executive, New Zealand Customs Service.
Notice Under Section 288(7) of the Act
Copies of these rules are available for inspection on the Customs Service website at
or at any of the following Customs Offices:
Auckland – The Customhouse, 50 Anzac Avenue, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010
Wellington – The Customhouse, 1 Hinemoa Street, Harbour Quays, Wellington
Christchurch – The Customhouse, 6 Orchard Road, Christchurch Airport, Christchurch 8053
Dunedin – The Customhouse, 32 Portsmouth Drive, South Dunedin, Dunedin 9012
Copies of these rules may be purchased from the New Zealand Customs Service, Private Bag 1928, Dunedin 9054.
Schedule 1 may also be viewed online at