Notice is hereby given of the making of an order amending the Tariff of New Zealand on motor spirits, pursuant to section 10 of the Tariff Act 1988.
1. Title of order—The order is the Tariff (Motor Spirits) Amendment Order 2016.
2. Commencement—The order will come into force on 1 February 2017.
3. Effect of order—This order amends the tariff nomenclature to provide that motor spirits imported for further manufacture at terminals, other than the oil refinery at Marsden Point, continue to be liable for excise-equivalent duty. This amendment maintains the current excise collection point on motor spirits imported into terminals.
4. Availability—A copy of the order can be viewed at the New Zealand Customs Service website
or ordered by mail from
New Zealand Customs Service
PO Box 2218
Attention: Corporate Services.
Please quote title when placing an order. Prices are supplied on application. Copies are also available over the counter at the following locations:
Vicbooks Pipitea: Victoria University, Ground Floor, Rutherford House, 23 Lambton Quay, Wellington. Bennetts Bookshops: University of Waikato, Gate 5, Hillcrest Road, Hamilton; Bennetts University Bookshop, Massey University, Palmerston North; Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology, Madras Street, Christchurch. Whitcoulls: 34 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North; 143 George Street, Dunedin; 210 Queen Street, Auckland.
5. Status of order—This order is a disallowable instrument but not a legislative instrument for the purposes of the Legislation Act 2012.